About the Job
We are a growing SaaS platform company founded in 2018. Our main business is increasing efficiency within the clinical study provider qualification space by facilitating the RFI/VQA process via our Diligent Qualification Platform. We are seeking an individual to join our team who can lead our Client Services department by developing and managing relationships with our clients, identifying and understanding their needs and providing the best customer service. By bringing your talents to Diligent Pharma, your contribution can directly grow a modern-day tech company, digitally transform an industry, and help to accelerate the delivery of critical drugs and therapies to market.
Diligent Pharma is a technology growth-company serving an international marketplace in the critical Pharmaceutical/Biotech sector. Diligent operates a Software-as-a-Service platform which enables Sponsors and implementors of clinical trials to rapidly identify, evaluate and qualify clinical service providers. Our ability to leverage vendor qualification information across multiple sponsors brings efficiency to the quality/risk management process for all parties and significantly speeds the delivery of capability assessments. We have launched and proven a new model for vendor qualification that is transforming the industry’s de facto wasteful approach.
The Head, Client Services is responsible for managing the operations to complete Client requests utilizing the Diligent Qualification Platform (DQP). This role provides internal leadership to the members of the Operations team and serves as an escalation point for both the Sponsor and Provider sides of the DQP. The day-to-day job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Represent Diligent Operations to the Diligent Leadership Team (DLT)
- Provide business updates on the status of Client relationships with highlights of successes and challenges.
- Provide input into DLT regarding the Operational impact of emerging business strategies.
- Provide periodic operational performance summaries.
- Suggest improvement projects (Quality, Cycle Time, or Resource Efficiency improvements) to ultimately improve Customer Satisfaction.
- Provide Client feedback to DLT to inform strategy and operational plans.
- Provide input into DLT Strategic direction and business model evolution.
- Operationalize Evolving Diligent Business Model
- Establish practical operational processes to implement the current Diligent business model. This may include near term practices with a roadmap for future process and DQP system improvements that streamline processes.
- Prioritize improvement initiatives to improve quality, cycle times and resource efficiency of operations.
- Provide staff with clear work instructions, training and a quality management system to efficiently and effectively produce DQP work products.
- Ensure operational documentation is thorough and complete to meet Client and applicable Regulatory Agency Quality expectations.
- Leadership of Operations Staff
- Ensure staff are adequately qualified to perform their duties.
- Monitor and ensure that Job Descriptions (JD’s), Curriculum Vitae’s (CV’s) and Training requirements are kept up to date for each team member.
- Establish and conduct necessary operations forums to ensure adequate communication and process management with Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) & Key Quality Indicators (KQI’s), which are maintained to meet client expectations.
- Ensure real-time performance feedback is provided to team members and incorporated into the periodic Performance Management Review process.
- Establish Diligent Processes, Tools, Quality Management Framework
- Ensure the Quality Management System (Policies, SOP’s, Templates, Training, Personnel Qualification) are adequate to deliver Diligent work products consistently with quality.
- Establish continuous improvement culture with the operations team to support a rapid learning curve that rapidly optimizes learning.
- Actively monitor KPI’s and KQI’s to quickly identify emerging performance issues in take steps to adjust processes as necessary to achieve operational expectations.
- Ensure compliance with all contractual commitments, regulations and client expectations for the delivery of Diligent professional services.
- Client (Sponsor and Provider) Relationship and Issue Management
- Ensure establishment of shared Teams or Sharepoint or other File Sharing tool accounts to facilitate secure transfer of confidential documents to be used in the relationship.
- Attend upon request, Client/Sponsor Account Status Update meeting to demonstrate leadership support of Client relationship.
- Review performance metrics for each Account that track volumes, cycle times and other agreed upon metrics.
- Ensure annual Governance meetings between Client/Sponsor and Diligent Senior Leadership.
- Represent DLT in annual Client Governance meetings.
- Review Operations Team Metrics & Dashboard
- Ensure Metrics Strategy for Diligent Operations is implemented with input from Client/Sponsors.
- Ensure Performance Metrics and data collection plan with roadmap for future metrics automation is established.
- Review Sponsor metrics in Operations Team and ensure continuous improvements are supported by Diligent resources.
- Review Operational KPI and KQI metrics to ensure work is managed to meet Sponsor/client expectations and identify process improvement opportunities.
- Marketing & Sales Support
- Participate in select Sales calls with potential customers to represent the Diligent Operations Team.
- Provide subject matter expertise on our services to potential customers.
- Answer technical questions regarding the DQP and our operational processes.
- Provide External Engagement to Market the Diligent Solution to potential future customers via Webinars, Conference Presentations, Prospective Client Presentations, etc.
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 10 + years’ progressive experience in Pharma/Biotech Clinical Research and/or Pharma/Biotech Vendor Management support of Clinical Research.
- At least 5 + years’ managerial experience
- Experience directly managing staff and managing leaders of staff.
- Experience establishing resourcing algorithms that appropriately calculate staffing needs while driving productivity improvements.
- Experience in leading complex Business Process Improvement Projects.
- Understanding of GCP Vendor Qualification process and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal & relationship management skills.
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong capability utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
This role is full-time and remote. Our offices are headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. We offer competitive salaries and benefits in a flexible virtual work environment.